The "complementary part" of Tinutul Odorheiului, Cristur including the wider country of Cristuru Secuiesc, (the region of the Gagy, Atid and Soimusi) is an Affiliated Seat. The 550 km2-area former affiliated seat used to make up the Cristuru Secuiesc district of Odorhei comitat after 1876. On the turn of the century, 36,000 people lived in the three large and 46 small communes, the majority of them being Szekler-Magyars. Later on, some of its settlements were annexed to Mures county. The Cristur country is the most fertile part of Tinutul Odorheiului; cattle-breeding is important, and fruit and grape also grow here. Its domestic industry (weaving, carving, sieve-making, straw-hat, basketry) is well-known all over Transylvania.
The first written record of Cristur Seat ("Sedes Kereszthur") dates from 1477, and it was led then by the judge (Judex) and the elders (seniores). The name Cristur appears in 1505. Archeological findings indicate that the formation of Cristur Seat took place before the second half of the 15th century. The Cristur Affiliated Seat (sedes filialis) name appears in 1654. Its centre used to be Cristur mentioned as market-town in the Middle Ages.
Its microregions: Cristur, the Gagy country, Atid, Soimusi. The majority of the microregions abounds in folk architecture monuments. Primarily transit tourism is characteristic here. The sparsely populated settlements, far from the national roads are not yet prepared to receive the exigent visitors.