It is situated on the south-western edge of Harghita County. Săcel is the administrative centre of the villages in the south-western corner of Harghita County. Cristuru Secuiesc is 20, Vânători 9, Sighișoara 14 and Odorheiu Secuiesc 48 km away. It is also known as "Székelyandrásfalva".
The Orthodox Church of Sf. Arhangheli
It was built in 1848 on the place of the old church (built in 1772). The old church-furniture remained (glass icons, flags), with two new bells. The tower was built in the 17th century. It was painted blue in 1971 (blue from Voroneți). In 1806 Gheorghe Lazăr was in the village for three weeks (there is a commemorative tablet). The old church was built in 1723.
Soimușu Mic (Kissolymos)
The inhabitants provided hawks for the reigning prince and for the Turkish Household. In the past the inhabitants used wooden legs in order to walk on the muddy roads. Today they say: "the wooden leg is gone, but there still is mud".
Săcel is 4, Vânători 13, Cristuru Secuiesc 24, Odorheiu Secuiesc 52, Miercurea-Ciuc 104, and Sighișoara 24 km away.
Șoimușu Mare (Nagysolymos)
Is the village of the old Szekler falcon-trainers. Since then the falcons flew away from the region.
Vidacut (Magyarhidegkút, Kaltenbrunnen)
The Orthodox Church
It was built in 1868 on the place of the old church (built in 1789). Some icons remained from the old church.
In this village the famous Eőssi family had landed property. Péchi Simon (1565-1642) the founder of the Sabbaterianism in Transylvania was the adopted child of the Eőssi family.