Bārzava belongs to Frumoasa. National Road 12A bypasses the village. It is situated between Nicolesti and Delnita, at 760-770 m altitude, near the meeting point of the hill called "Ciceu Mountain" and the Lunca Mare. It can be approached from the vicinity of the Delnita divarication and the Saint John chapel (2 km), as well as from the bus station (500 m). It lies 11 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc. The name of the village is of Slavic origin: bor meaning 'pine', zava meaning 'settlement'. Its sour water was already mentioned in the 19th century. The northern border of the village is crossed by the Frumoasa Stream.
In the western side of the village, the Frumoasa Stream flows through the plot of the Balogs. Its main stream is the Barzava. There used to be a mineral water spa in its eastern part. According to the tradition, the population of the village settled down around three wells abounding in water: the Erõss', the Baloghs' and the 'Trickling' wells. To the south rises the 712 m high hill named Ciceu Mountain. Dolomite is exploited in the border of the village.
Roman Catholic Church The first wooden chapel in the Chapel Garden was built in 1792, then a new stone chapel was erected between 1794-1821. The tower was built in 1841-42. The modern church of the village was built between 1940-1950. It has always been affiliated to Nicolesti.
The former Barzava Bath. It lay in the middle of a pine-wood, 2.5 km to the east of the village. Its medicinal water springs from the meeting place of the crystaline schist and dolomite range and the Carpathian sandstone. The water smelling bad egg, containing hydrogene sulphite next to the stream was used for baths (its total mineral content is 1,331.02 mg/liter). The mineral water on the mountainside was used as drinking water. In the 1950's this water was indicated against rheumatism, scabies and other skin diseases. The popular bath built in 1896 was ruined after the turn of the century but the water of its spring is still drinkable.