Leaving Toplita-Ciuc, going along National Road 12 northwards, the first settlement is Ciceu which has closely grown together with Siculeni.
Ciceu is the most important railway junction of Harghita county, next to the border of the nearby Siculeni (the community centre). It is separated from Siculeni by the Border street near the railway station. The Sfantu Gheorghe–Miercurea-Ciuc–Ghimes Valley railway was finished on 5th April 1897 (at 63.6 km length) and of its Ciceu station was branched off the Gheorgheni railway (46 km long) opened on 5th December 1907. The Ciceu–Ghimes Valley railway (51 km) was opened on 18th October 1897 and thus Ciceu became the most important railway junction of the Szekler circular railway, from where good connections with every part of Romania open along the lines of the valleys of the Olt, Trotus and Mures.
Ciceu is situated at the mouth of the Frumoasa Stream, to the south of the railway station, on a spacious plain, on the eastern edge of the peaty washland of the Olt river, at 674 m altitude. Károly Benkő (1853. 16) mentioned good mineral water springs at the foot of the mountain called Borhegyes and near the Beta Stream. The border of the village extends as far as the Harghita-Siculeni (1,761 m) in the west. In 1846 mixed ore-assaying was brought to Zlatna but exploitation was not started. From the head of the valley of the Beta Stream “smelly stone hole”, that is, mofette was mentioned in 1853. Balázs Orbán stressed the importance of cabbage-growing. The ruins of Ciceu Castle can be seen on the Vármező place, where, according to the tradition, Franciscans had lived until their monastery was built. Administratively, the village belongs to Siculeni commune.
Its Roman Catholic church was consacrated to Saint Anthony of Padova in 1783. The annual festival is held on 13th June. The church is officially registered among the monuments of Harghita county (1992). It used to be affiliated to Delnita until 1783. The altar with its painting illustrating Saint Anthony of Padova was made in 1800. According to the tradition, the tabernacle of the original chapel is built in the left-side end of the main altar. The church got its final form in 1839. A stone cross from the time of the parsonage of Péter Zöld (about 1750-1800) was built in the church fence. The outer buttresses suggest that the chancel had Gothic arch originally. According to the tradition the village also had a chapel on top of the Saint Francisc Mountain. There is no documentary datum about its mediaeval church. The parsonage is also registered among the historic monuments of Harghita county.
The castle in the northern part of the village was built at the end of the 17th century.