Cozmeni is situated 22 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc, 10 km from Tusnad Bai, 4 km from Sanmartin. To the south of the village, along the no. 2 local road we can approach Lazaresti (5 km). National Road 11B branches off towards the Casinu Basin in the centre of the village.
The main waterflow of Cozmeni is the Cozmeni Stream into which to other streams flow. It had forests on the Pap Mountain (1,165 m), where there used to be a church once. To the east of the village the Kopaszhegy ('Bald' Mountain) (911 m), while to the southeast the Előhegy ('Foremountain') rises. Between these two mountains flows the Cozmeni Stream. There are several mineral water springs in the village.
Cozmeni was famous for its Village Law (1608). In 1992, Cozmeni counted 1,403 inhabitants, all Magyars with the exception of 5 Romanians.
Roman Catholic Parish Church The church appears on the List of Historical Monuments of Harghita county (1992). It was built in the 17th century, between 1653-1670 and it is surrounded by crenellated buttress, with a memorial plaque placed there in 1720 in commemoration of the victims of the 1719 plague of Lower Ciuc. The church was burnt by the Tartars. Here used to be the old cemetery of the village as well.
The church was built in the place of an older one of the Roman Age which still stood here in the 13th century and was completely rebuilt in the Gothic age. Today's church presents predominantly Baroque elements. The tower also reflects the styles of the different ages.
The Baroque stone cross in the churchyard was made in 1710. It is registered among the artistic monuments of Harghita county (1992).