Misentea lies 8 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc along the no. 123B county road, in the valley of the Minsentea Stream at 758 m altitude. Founded between 1100-1200, it is one of the oldest villages in Ciuc. The village used to be independent for a long time; today it belongs to Sancraieni from administrative point of view. Early settlement is suggested by its decimal system. In 1992, the number of the inhabitants was 1,209, all Magyars except 3 Romanians.
The Minsentea Mountain rises to the northeast, the Cotormani Mountain rises in the south of the village.
Roman Catholic Church The church surrounded by a high wall is a registered historical monument of Harghita county (1992).
The István Nagy relief was made by Ernő Ferencz sculptor (1973).
Fitod is situated 3 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc along the Leliceni road (no. 123C county road). It was registered with the name Fitod in 1898, when it belonged to Leliceni. It lies at the southern foot of the Sumuleu Mare (1,035 m), in the valley of the Fitod or Hosasau Stream. Administratively, today it belongs to Sâncrăieni commune.
The Fitod mineral water springs were mentioned because of their sulphure and iron content.
Hosasău is an alpine settlement belonging to Misentea village of Sâncrăieni commune, in the valley of the Hosasău Stream. It is situated 6.3 km far from the Fitod bifurcation, 4.3 km from Fitod (along the no. 123C county road leading to Potiond - Armaseni - 11 km poor quality road). It got registered with the name Hosasău in 1898, when it still belonged to Misentea. It was known for its mineral water baths containing iron.
Xántus Chapel It stands between Fitod and Hosasău, on the edge of the forest, in the valley of the Hosasău Stream. The chapel ruined by the Tartars was rebuilt by the traditionalist people of Minsentea, Leliceni and Miercurea-Ciuc in May 1990.
The settlement dates from the 15th century, but it was burnt by the Tartars in 1694. In the 19th century only 130 inhabitants were mentioned. In 1971 the locals had to move to Misentea. In 1992 it had only one Magyar inhabitant. Due to its good mineral water the people started to move back. Many weekend houses have been built here.