Păuleni-Ciuc is situated on the eastern edge of the Middle Ciuc Basin, to the north of Sumuleu-Ciuc, in the valley of the Araci and Nyír streams, at 740 m altitude. The village is 5 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc. On the right side of the Remetea Stream the Várdomb rises, where objects from the Bronz Age have been found.
Until the end of December 1989 Păuleni-Ciuc was the peripherial commune of Miercurea-Ciuc. Today it is the community centre of Delnita and Soimeni. In 1996, the village had 1,666 inhabitants. The number of households was 625 in 1984. Lively handicraft industry characterizes the village. The famous dyed woollen carpets of Ciuc are woven here.
Roman Catholic Church.The church was built in the place of the old chapel (built in 1843, burnt). It has preserved a stone holy-water basin from the age of the Arpadians. The village has always been a pure Catholic one..
Other places of interest: Ferenc Bakó's wooden gate (No. 40.). It appears o the List of Monuments of Harghita county (1992). The memorial column of the heroes stands in the front of the cultural centre.
Delnița can be approached from two directions: along the Miercurea-Ciuc - Sumuleu-Ciuc - Pauleni (7 km) as well as the Miercurea-Ciuc - Toplita-Ciuc line along National Road 12A (8 km). The village lies in the valley of the Barzava and Delnita streams. Delnița is a settlement formed in the Arpadian age.
Roman Catholic Saint John Chapel Built in late Gothic style between 1450-1500, the chapel is one of the most interesting ecclesiastical monument of Szeklerland, registered among the historical monuments of Harghita county. It also preserves Roman architectural elements. The altar, the coffered ceiling and its organ are among the main values of chapel.
On the edge of Delnita a small chapel stands. Built in the 15th century, this is chapel regularly used by the locals.
This subalpine settlement lies to the east of Pauleni and Cioboteni, at the foot of the Ciucului Mountains. It got separated from Cioboteni in the second half of the 1700s . Șoimeni can be approached on the no. 5 communnal road from Cioboteni, and the no. 4. local road from Pauleni. It lies 7 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc. There are mineral water springs with sulphur content in the village.
Șoimeni was founded at the meeting of the Aracs and Remete valleys. The so-called Quarter County's Mountain rises on its border, of which 1/7 part the village used to possess in the 1850s.
Its belfry is ladder-shaped, with the bell on its 20th rung. Until 1990 Șoimeni had not have a church; it used to be affiliated to Sumuleu together with Cioboteni and Toplita-Ciuc with the name Saint Peter Diocese.