Ciucsângeorgiu lies 22 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc, in the Fisag valley, at 757 m altitude. Its inner area is built up on 4 km length, on a 236 km2 area. It is the second largest settlement in Harghita county (following Plaiesii de Jos). The villages Bancu, Ciobanis, Eghersec, Ghiurche, Cotormani, Armaseni, Armasenii Noi and Potiond belong here. It possessed 15,130 ha agricultural land with only 2,997 ha arable land. Potatoe, beetroot and wheat are grown here. Animal breeding is significant on its alpine pastures. In 1992 the village counted 1,960 inhabitants, all Magyars except 3 Romanians. Ciucsângeorgiu can be reached from National Road 12 along the Armaseni road (no. 123C county road) as well as from Ciucsanmartin along the no. 123B conty roadn (from Bancu).
Its main waterflow is the Fisag. In this long valley surrounded by mountains between 1,360 - 1,453 m height a whole string of settlements stretches.
Roman Catholic Parish Church This church, one of the oldest, largest and most beautiful Gothic churches of Lower Ciuc is registered among the historical monuments of Harghita county.The Saint Rosary Chapel belongs to the church.
In the cemetery stands the Saint Ann Chapel, consacrated to the memory of the Saint Cross.
The Virgin Mary Chapel of Pósahegy standing at 945 m altitude is registered among the historical monuments of Harghita county (1992).
Orthodox Chapel (Biserica Sf. Gheorghe) and cemetery. The church, built in the 18th century, appears on the List of Historical Monuments of the county.
Famous buildings, relics of the folk architecture: peasant economy (house, barn) atNo. 68, No. 69, János Vitás' house (No. 96): wooden house built between 1683-1901, Szekler-gate (1858), József Albert's wooden house (No. 257)built in the 19th century. Regina Czitco's gate (No. 159) made in 1812. No. 179: peasant economy from the 19th century (house, barn, well). Endre Gáll's gate (No. 350) from 1824, József Gáll's house (No. 605) from 1822. The house of Ferenc Márton (1884-1916) painter (at no. 394), Szekler-gate from 1868. Ferenc Tamás's house (no. 588): house, kitchen, barn, Szekler-gate from the end of the 19th century. No. 615: house and barn from the 19th century. No.616: house with gate from the 19th century. They are all registered historical monuments of Harghita county (1992).
Armăşenii Noi (Ménaságújfalu)
Armăşenii Noi lies at the meeting point of two streams, the Fisag and the Toplita, at 775-800 m altitude. It can be approached along the no. 123C county road. The village was registered with this name on the turn of the centuries as other inhabited place of Armăşeni.
In the memory of the martyrs executed in 1708 by the pro-Austrian soldiers in the village a beautiful chapel was erected on the Pósa Mountain.
During a walking tour we can see Ciobăniş , Eghersec and Ghiurche villages.
Ciobăniş lies 32 km from Ciucsangeorgiu to which it belongs, along the Ciobăniş Stream, at the border of Bacau county. It can be approached from Armasenii Noi. The village counts 31 inhabitants, all Romanians.
Cotormani can be reached on the no. 9 local road, curving left (to the northwest) from the no. 123C county road. It lies 14 km from Miercurea-Ciuc. According to the locals, Armaseni and Cotormani were the first settlements of Lower Ciuc. Cotormani won a gold medal for its wheat at the Budapest exhibition. The village was registered with the name Cotormani in 1896 when it belonged to Ciucsangeorgiu. Its chapel consacrated to the Virgin was erected in 1640. In 1992, the number of the inhabitants was 69, all Magyars. There is a church and 30 houses and three Szekler-gates can be seen in the village. It used to be a gathering place for soldiers. Besides the folk custom connected to Luca Day, feather-plucking and spinning have also remained,