The village lies to the south of Fitod, in the valley of the Bánatos Stream. In the upper section of this valley used to be the area of the old village.
The Roman Catholic Church is registered as historical monument of the county (1992). The church erected in the northeastern part of the village was built in Gothic style in the 15th century. In 1806, the nave was rebuilt in Baroque style.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the village meetings were still held under the giant linden-tree in front of the church. The tree with its 3.7 m girth is a protected natural rarity of Harghita county.