Lăzărești used to be the southernmost, final village of Lower Ciuc for a long time. It is lies at the meeting point of the Tusnad and the Hí streams, 3 km far from Cozmeni. The village belongs to Sanmartin commune (6 km). It is situated 22 km far from Miercurea-Ciuc, at 690 m altitude. In 1992 it had 621 inhabitants, all Magyars except 3 Romanians. The locals were famous stone carvers, fact justified by several stone crosses, stone houses and gate-posts. The Rugat Pass assures the connection with the Uz Valley.
Formerly, 48 mineral water springs were mentioned on the area of the village. The border extends as far as the Ciomat massif and Lake Saint Anne. Small rural baths are to be found of which water is used in the treatment of rheumatism. There are several places with mofette-gases coming to the surface.
ItsRoman Catholic Church appears on the List of Historical Monuments of Harghita county (1992). The annual feast takes place on 6th June.
ItsGreek Catholic Church built in 1742 is also registered among the historical monuments of the county (1992). The church has remained without congregation.
The Miklóssy Mansion houses the cultural centre today.
Walking tour can be organized to the Kúria Hill standing between the Tusnad and Hí streams (to the ruins of the former Petki Mansion), to the sulphur-works, to the Mohos and Lake Saint Anne (there is no route sign). We can reach Lake Saint Anne in 3 hours on foot. The tour to the Nyerges Peak takes one hour walking.