Suseni is situated 12 km far from Gheorgheni along National Road 12 then the no. 138 county road. It can also be approached along the no. 126 county road touching Joseni and Ciumani, on the same distance. The southern part of Suseni is called Mureş Sat (2 km), from where its distance to Gheorgheni is 14 km.
Suseni is one of the most densely populated settlements of the Giurgeului Basin. In 1992, it had 5,613 inhabitants and 2,000 households. Its inner area runs to the northeast of the Ciumani 'Southern Mountain' (1,695 m), as far as the inflow of the 'Backflowing' (Stramba) Stream into the Mures, at 750 m altitude. Suseni was the first station of the Mures floatage. In 1981, its first village law was 400 years old. Timber industry, logging, building stone extraction, spinning and weaving industry as well as trade were significant in the life of the village. Carting was also a good income source for the villagers. Next to the road leading to the Liban Pass (no. 138 county road) lies Liban. Here branches off the road towards the Senetea scattered farmstead as well.
In the southern part of the village, in the crater of the Ostoros mountain (1,385 m) belonging to the Harghita there is a peat-bog called Tinovul Dracului (Lake Devil) or "Luci" thought bottomless by the locals. At the foot of the Kétág and the 'Southern Mountain', a gold mine was mentioned. To the south of the Liban Pass (991 m), to the southeast of the Csicsajköve (1,221 m) - Ostoros (1,385 m) line, starts the Central Harghita mountain-range. Thus Sicasau and the Sente Stream as well as the Keskenybükk Stream is the natural watershed between the Central Harghita and the Southern Ghiurghiului Mountains. There lies a beautiful twin-crater at the head of the Sobasa and Gáborkútja streams.
The andesite quarry of Suseni is the second largest one of Transylvania after that of Bixad. The Homlokbükk quarry was opened in the 1920s, from where cubic stone then rubble is extracted and transported to the Voslobeni station. There used to be two more andesite quarries in the village. Kaolin can also be found here. Several aboundant mineral water springs containing iron are to be found on the area of the village. There was a bath inaugurated in 1912 in Mureş Sat. Today, the mineral water of the village is bottled with the name "Dawn" (owner Vencel Máthé).
Roman Catholic Church. The building of the church started in 1825. The patron saint of the Gothic church is the Holy Virgin.
Famous building: The water-mill built in 1875 on the court of Lajos Elekes' house (no. 558) appears on the List of Monuments of Harghita county (1992).
Senetea (Szenéte or Szenéta)
The colony lies to the southeast of Chileni, 6 km far from it, between the Mures and the Senetea Stream. People from Chileni, Voslobeni and Heveder settled down here after the great fire in 1862. In 1946, 10 families inhabited the area between the two streams. This little colony had four water-mills and a water-saw. The locals were mainly preoccupied with water-millery and board-cutting. Senetea has two delicious drinking-water springs, the Kútdombja and the Bicsak Pál springs. In 1992, the colony had 15 inhabitants.