Voșlăbeni, Voșlobeni (Vasláb)
Voșlăbeni is the settlement with Romanian majority of the Giurgiului Basin. It is situated at the foot of the Dealul Cocoșului ('Cock Mountain') (1,113 m). In 1992, it had 1,257 inhabitants out of which 946 Romanians and 310 Magyars. Initially it was populated by the villeins of the count Lázár family, the first inhabitants being Romanian Greek Catholic settlers from Moldova. By the 17th century they had already formed a viable community. Scattered farmsteads, alpine colonies have been formed gradually: Boteni, Tincani, Heveder, Izvorul Mureșului. In the north, the no. 126 county road branches off towards Suseni.
Voșlăbeni is situated 13 km far from Gheorgheni along National Road 12 and 3 km from Suseni along the no. 126 county road. In the place called Dealul Cocoșului (Dosul Cocoșului), tremolite and limestone are extracted.
Their first church was built of wood in 1714. The new one was built in 1864, when the village had already had its own priest and cantor. The wooden belfry dates from 1880. It appears among the listed monuments of Harghita county (1992).
The water-saw can be seen in the valley of the Heveder Stream, 3 km far from the commune centre (it can be approached on foot). The trade historical monument dates back to the 1860s. It is registered among the monuments of Harghita county (1992). There is a still working wool-combing machine, too.
The commune has a village museum as well.
Mlaștina După Luncă ('Bottom peat-bog'). The bog is situated on the area among the River Mures, the Senetea and the Nagyponk streams, 2 km far from the village. It is a nature conservation area, botanical reservation on both sides of the Mures, on the left (west) of National Road 12. The bog lies on a 40 ha area, the peat is 2-3 m thick. Its rarities are the peony and the marsh violet.