Iacobeni can be approached along the 121G county road branching off to the north in Casinu Nou. In 1992, it had 405 inhabitants; with the exception of 66 Romanians and 4 Gypsies they were all Magyars. The village is situated to the south of the community centre, 4 km far from it. Its name comes from the Jakab family. In 1567 Iacobeni appears with 33 gates in the records. In 1602, 33 Seklers of Iacobeni swore allegiance to the emperor. Until 1783, the village had been affiliated to Casinu Mare. On 1st January 1907 Iacobeni was declared a large community. The mineral water labelled Salutaris and Perla Casinului were bottled here between 1890 and 1990. In the eastern part of the village there is a table water spring and bath with 13 rooms; the water of the spring was indicated against scrofula. The Borvíz Stream flows into the Casinu Stream on the left. Other mineral water springs: the Veresszéki, Pán and Szent György springs. The bottling of the Balás spring water functioned between 1894-1956.
Roman Catholic Church The church was built between 1808-18 and was consecrated to the Holy Ghost by Sándor Rudnai Roman Catholic bishop of Transylvania (1817). The parish feast is on Whit Monday. The village had no church in the Middle Ages, the parishioners belonged to the Casinu Mare church. It finally became independent in 1783. The upper part of the tower was rebuilt in 1906.
Walking tour to the Iacobeni bath (Baile Casinu). Approached from the 121G county road along the 8 local road it is 4.5 km far. It lies in the Borvíz stream valley, at 800 m altitude. It is a local bathhouse with two mineral water springs with relatively little output. The water of the former Fokút used to be bottled by the name Salutaris (from 1890), then "Perla Casinului" (Casinu's Pearl) until 1990. It falls into the category of the mineral water containing earth and carbonic acid, rich in iodine and lithium. As medicinal water it is mainly indicated in case of stomach complaints. Having reached the mountain ridge we can walk towards the Borfeje (1,040 m), Füge Peak (1,189 m) and Répát (1,282 m). The Répát mineral water spring (in the Nagy-Répát Stream, to the east of Plaiesii de Sus) and the Piatra Alba mineral water, in the Piatra Alba Stream can be viewed here.(To the northeast of Plaiesii de Sus; 4 hours on foot.). There used to be a glasshouse on the area of Lóbérc. Leaving the Iacobeni baths, passing the former Balási glasshouse, towards the east beyond Borfeje and Nagysarok we can see the valley of the Lassúság Stream then the Lóbérce. We can walk to the Nemira Mare(1,649 m), the Nemira Mica (1,627 m) and the Nagy Sándor peaks (1,640 m) from here. Leaving Plaiesii de Sus (through Plaiesii de Jos -Imper-Iacobeni) we turn back to National Road 11B, then walking towards Casinu Nou we can approach the villages of the upper part of Tinutul Trei Scaune (Covasna county).